The 40 to None Network seeks to provide an online environment in which diverse participants may learn, network, and share resources in an environment of mutual human respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold environment for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are, therefore, specifically prohibited: Harassment or intimidation based on race, origin, religion, language, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, ability, appearance, or other group status.
- Offensive comments related to gender identity and expression, sexual identity, ability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, substance use, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering and/or use of incorrect name and pronouns.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Online stalking or following.
- Posting harassing photography or recordings
- Logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion (aka: trolling)
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming unwelcome levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.